The Clockmakers’ Charity is managed by The Court of The Clockmakers’ Company. Limited charitable funds are available for horological conservation and restoration projects. The Clockmakers’ Charity Panel considers eligible applications for support towards such projects. You will find an Application Form on this link.
Eligibility of applications takes into account the following considerations:
1. Whether the project is of significant horological interest
2. Whether the project has a connection to a previous member of the Company
3. Whether the project is located within the City of London
4. Whether the project can be easily seen or accessed by members of the public
5. Whether the project or item in question is part of an existing museum, charitable or private collection
An application should be accompanied by at least two quotations for the work to be carried out and sources of other funding for the project should be stated.
Photographs of the building, structure, clock or item, that show the state of repair work required, should be attached to an application.
Applications should be sent to the Clerk of the Clockmakers’ Company by email, or by post to The Clerk, The Worshipful Company of Clockmakers, 1 Throgmorton Avenue, London EC2N 2BY
Please note that separate provision is made for funding towards research projects such as The Hain Sanders Personal and Research Development Award. The relevant application procedure for this is on this link.